|What or Who:||Where:|
Job OverviewJOB DESCRIPTION FOR AUSTINS NEWS 4U.
Reports to : Supervisor and / or General Manager of store operations.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesJob Summary.
The store manager is responsible for day to day store operation, including scheduling, training, and supervising employees and assistant manager. The store manager is responsible for the store profits, and all controllable expenses including labour, inventory levels, and cash and inventory shortages.
List of responsibilities.
- Assist in the recruiting of, recommend for hire, and train, positive individuals to become members of Austins News 4U Team, ensuring excellent customer service.
- Motivate, encourage, and challenge store cashiers.
- Promote and resolve customer complaints, in a timely and professional manner.
- Implement and enforce established daily operating procedures to ensure store is clean, adequately stocked, organized, and well kept.
- Ensure all merchandise is stocked and displays are attractive, priced correctly, and displayed in a safe manner.
- Maintain quality and brand image standards as pass evaluations.
- Supervise, and discipline all store employees (and assistant manager) according to company policy.
- Monitor daily retail competitors and sending the prices to the corporate office in a timely manner as established by management.
- Complete daily paperwork and computer entry in a timely manner as established by management.
- Monitor cash over/short, inventory shrinkage, and drive offs daily.
- Conduct store meetings as needed with employees. ( a minimum of one monthly).
- Have the physical ability to perform all duties of a store cashier regularly.
- Understand all information in the daily reporting of store operations.
- Follow and enforce all company policies and established procedures in the store operations.
- Implement monthly promotions, insure all POS advertising/signage is properly posted at the proper time.
- Communicate and perform all price change request, mark downs/ups as requested by the operations manager.
- Communicate any problems with merchandise pricing to the price book administrator.
- Implement and enforce all merchandising and vendor policies and procedures.
- Enforce all safety and security issues and report any and all unsafe conditions.
- Conduct regular safety and security meeting and document with employees attending signatures.
- Report and process all employee and / or customer incidents or accidents following company procedure.
Skills / Qualifications / Experience RequiredEducation / Experience High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) recommended.
1 years’ experience in the retail industry.
Similar Jobs on FreeIndexDuty Manager - Aldershot
Vice President - Derby
Company Director - Derby
Secretaries - Derby
Key Account Manager - Nottingham
Related Job CategoriesManagement Jobs
Last Updated : 27 Jun 2012
Report Inaccurate Content