|What or Who:||Where:|
Job OverviewOur client has helped their customers open up the world by utilising their experience with all variety of freight. They assist with shipments to areas that may be difficult to reach, including those currently in conflict so experience within a similar role is a must.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesPurpose of Role:
Deliver the activities required to fulfil the company's goals and assure that all legal requirements to HM Revenue and Customs and the DTI are met. Assist the business in achieving the operational tasks of clearing Imports and Exports, handle shipping and airlines. This role needs to look at the short-term performance in numerous areas and evaluate the impact on the business, identifying opportunities and mitigating risks.
- Manage the necessary documentation and online forms for the efficient, cost effective and lawful execution of all import/export activities.
- Share and maintain personal knowledge of all relevant import/export law and procedures with colleagues and the import/export team.
- Oversee all work carried out by members of the import/export team, ensuring that correctness of relevant documentation, law, customer service and profitable financial procedures are adhered too.
- Manage all staff reporting to the position so as to effectively employ, train, evaluate, motivate, delegate and monitor their activities.
- Ensure that all financial deadlines imposed by the company for invoicing are met.
- Ensure high levels of customer service when dealing with customer enquiries.
- Ensure that customers' queries are managed with efficiency and speed.
- Handle key accounts.
- Manage pricing and margins according to agreed targets.
- Ensure customer payments are collected on time.
- Promote services to new and existing customers.
- Retain existing business in line with objectives.
- Work to tight deadlines, and respond to client priorities, and work schedule.
- Ensure Financial and Performance Targets are met.
- Ensure all reporting requirements are met on time as specified by the company practises.
- Ensure continues feedback to the management.
Skills / Qualifications / Experience RequiredPerson Specification:
- Previous import/export experience in a senior role required.
- Minimal 3 years of industrial exposure.
- Customer Service and communication skills are required.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Good task/ time management skills will be required, as are self motivation skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritize will be required.
- Sound attention to detail skills will be required.
- The position will require out of hours as required by our Customers Specific needs.
- Must have hands on approach.
- The role requires an, enthusiastic, hard working team player who is willing to support others within the business in order to achieve the business objectives.
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the post holder may be required to perform other duties assigned by the Company from time to time. Subject to adequate experience and/or training.
- It's essential to have a valid driving licence.
Other Jobs in HayesDental Nurse
Related Job CategoriesHuman Resources Jobs
Recruitment Agency Jobs
Last Updated : 26 Jun 2012
Report Inaccurate Content