|What or Who:||Where:|
Job OverviewHouse Keeper required part time from 12:30pm to 4:30pm.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesKey Tasks:
- Sweeping, mopping, polishing floor areas and staircases of residential blocks using appropriate materials and equipment
- Vacuuming carpets and furnishings in common room area
- Cleaning, dusting, polishing chairs, desks, tables, ledges, shelves, doors, cabinets, walls and cupboards, telephones, windowsills, trunking of site office - Emptying staff and site waste bins
- Cleaning common room toilets: floors, walls, wc pans, urinals, sinks, hand basins and fittings.
- Replenishing toilet rolls soap, towels etc as necessary
- Removing graffiti from site premises when required
- Keeping external areas of the site clean and tidy
- Securing the windows and doors in all unoccupied flats which you clean and ensuring they are secure when finished, if required
- Responsibility for all keys held for access purposes and ensuring their safe return when finished, if required
- When handling chemicals, furniture, equipment and at all other times carry out duties with due regard to Health and Safety requirements and responsibilities towards colleagues, students and the public
- The use of equipment, janitorial items, materials necessary for deep clean activities
- Report cleaning supplies and equipment requirements needed to perform cleaning responsibilities to the Hospitality Manager to prevent shortages
- Ensuring all cleaning stores remain locked at all times when not occupied and any other store areas you may have access. (e.g. Facilities Assistantís office).
- Clearing snow/ice and distributing grit and salt, as required
- At all times, carrying out responsibilities/duties with due regard to MPM Health and Safety Policy
- Such other minor and/or non-reoccurring duties appropriate to the post, as may be directed
- Reporting all accidents on site to the Manager and complete and forward applicable accident reports to the head office
- Attending training and meetings as arranged and directed
- Any other reasonable duty pertaining to the contract.
Skills / Qualifications / Experience RequiredUK based experience in similar roles in a residential or multi occupied environment.
- Good communication skills and professional appearance.
- Ability to work late hours or weekend if necessary.
Attributes / Personal Characteristics
- Desire to deliver and achieve high standards of service.
- The ability to work within and contribute to a team.
- Positive and enthusiastic.
- The ability to stay calm under pressure.
Similar Jobs on FreeIndexFantasy Cleaners - Cheadle
Other Jobs in LondonExperienced & Junior Diamond B..
Multi-Channel Front-End Design..
Trainee Telemarketer Executive
Business Admin Apprenticeship ..
Sales Apprenticeship Level 2
Related Job CategoriesHotel and Accommodation Jobs
Last Updated : 12 Jun 2012
Report Inaccurate Content