|What or Who:||Where:|
Job OverviewAn exciting position has become available in a fast growing well established gas detection company.
The role, Electronics Technician, will involve supporting, building circuits and test equipment for both production and development teams.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe role will report to the Engineering Manager and will involve the following:
- To provide day to day technical support for the Development team. Product specific training will be given where necessary.
- Product testing.
- Build, test and repair of small electronic circuits ( to 0402).
- Building of mechanical fixings.
- Generation of work instructions and test - instructions for both internal and external customers
- Maintain production build and test equipment.
- Support the purchasing function with respect to the supply of new / obsolete parts.
- Maintain the engineering lab and support facilities.
- Gather and maintain a list of the production support work required.
- Work in an ISO9001 environment.
Preferably the individual will also have the following qualities but these are not essential:-
- Have knowledge of working in a batch production environment
- Have a knowledge of electronic and mechanical CAD packages.
Skills / Qualifications / Experience RequiredThis is a hands-on role and the person appointed will:-
- Ideally have Electronic Engineering HNC or HND or NVQ level 4 or equivalent experience. However experience is not fundamental as full training support will be provided.
- Have a good working knowledge of MS office suite.
- Be a team player.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Be flexible.
- Have good attention to detail.
- Be capable and comfortable in communicating and working with a multifunctional team.
- Be organised.
- Be approachable.
Similar Jobs on FreeIndexElectronic Assembler - Colchester
Project / Systems Engineer - Gateshead
Related Job CategoriesEngineering Jobs
Electronics Engineering Jobs
Last Updated : 30 Apr 2013
Report Inaccurate Content