|What or Who:||Where:|
Job OverviewBusiness Development Manager Requried on a Self-Employed basis based in newmarket. You will be in charge of developing all business and will set the direction for developing new business.
Reporting to the Business Development Director, you’ll deliver new profitable contracts to the Division via proactive selling, competitive tendering and maximising reactive opportunities. You’ll cultivate opportunities by forging relationships with appropriate stake holders and reacting to real time requests for proposals. In addition you’ll sell additional services to both existing and new clients.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesMain Responsibilities.
- Maintain and develop a wide network of contacts within the designated market place to ensure the Company is invited to as many tenders as possible.
- Represent the Company at all meetings as required and to secure new business and build inter company networks.
- Ensure all tender responses are innovative, accurate, compliant, timely and professionally presented.
- Prepare and deliver all other aspects of the strategic sales process including awareness campaigns, presentations, exhibitions and general market collateral.
- Prepare and undertake a thorough hand-over to operational colleagues once each contract is secured.
- Assist with the collection, collation and recording of all statistical data for tender compilation, such as productivity ratings, margins and costs.
- Advise the Sales Director and the team of market conditions, trends and competitor activity.
- Follow up and provide feedback on sales leads.
- Ensure knowledge is current with regarding new industry innovations for inclusion in tender responses.
- Maintain a wide network of internal and external colleagues to develop sales opportunities.
- Actively research the market place.
- Motivate and set the direction of the sales team
- Monitor the effectiveness of the sales team
- Recruit sales people for your team.
Skills / Qualifications / Experience RequiredTo succeed in this role you will need:
- To be educated to A Level standard or equivalent
- Good IT skills including MS Office including PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Service Stream Associated Membership desirable
- Significant sales and operational experience within the soft services environment with a strong track record in winning new business.
- Sound knowledge of the security market sector is essential
- Ability to effectively build client relationships with sound problem solving skills
- Excellent organisation, numerical and analytical skills
- Proven ability to work to deadlines and project manage the bid process
- Self motivated and able to work effectively within a team
- Preferably have management experience and management of people experience
- Process Management skills
- Be a people motivator as well as self motivation.
Similar Jobs on FreeIndexBusiness Development Executive - Barking
New Business Generator - Pinner
Sales Person - London
Business Development Consultan.. - Portsmouth
Leaflet Distributors - Brighton
Other Jobs in Bury St. EdmundsSelf-Employed Field Sales Exec..
Related Job CategoriesManagement Jobs
Business Development Jobs
Sales Manager Jobs
Last Updated : 16 Jun 2011
Report Inaccurate Content